Sunday, June 1, 2008

It's been a while

So it's been almost a month since I've updated anything, I guess it's about time to get caught up. Well, let's start with the most exciting news....we're moving again!! But, this time we are buying a house that we will hopefully stay in for at least 5 years,...we'll see. We are really excited about it. We have been watching the foreclosure market for a while, and they seem to be the only houses that are selling, everybody else is stuck on the market forever. Well, we came across our ideal house for the exact price that we wanted, so we couldn't resist putting an offer on it. Well, after a few weeks of waiting, we got it!! We'll be closing on it within the next few weeks, as long as everything goes as planned, then we are just going to clean it and paint, and we are ready to go. It's needs some yard work, and Jared is sooo excited to start that, he already has it all planned out in his head. We are really excited because it has grass, everywhere here the yards are just rocks, it makes for easy maintenance, but not the best play area. I'll have to take a picture of our house right now, so you can understand. The down side to all of this is that we are leaving our friends, they are all still in the same neighborhood (the one we live in now), we will be about 15 minutes away from them. It has been so much fun these past few years to just walk down the hall and visit, or just walk a couple of blocks away, so we are really going to miss that. But, we are still plenty close to do everything that we want to. Oh, and to top all of this off...we got asked to speak in church again for our last Sunday. We just barely spoke 6 months ago, because we just barely moved here. Apparantly we're just amazing speakers, HA HA!! So if anyone has given a talk recently on personal revelation, could you just e-mail it to me, that'd be great!!

8 comments:

Nat said...

Good to see a new post! How exciting that you found a house you love. It is so nice to find something that you know you can stay in for awhile! Good luck with all that. And good luck with speaking! I hate speaking. We have to speak in July, it's almost worse that I have so long to dwell about it.

Katie said...

How exciting about your new house. I can't wait until I will be able to post that on our blog someday. Probablly not for a little while though with all of the anticcipated moves. Sounds like you guys are doing good! Good luck with the move!

Steph said...

Congratulations on the house-- what a great time to buy!

I'm glad you found our blog. Isn't the internet a God-send for staying in touch with family? I can't wait to read more.

Clint & Hailey said...

We totally missed you guys too! Congrats on finding a house, that is so exciting! If you were closer we would be there to help you move in a heartbeat...Angels landing would be awesome we could seriously could hike it everyday! Good Luck with your talks on sunday! Love you guys

our family said...

I am so excited that you found a house!!! That was quicker then I thought. You will love knowing you will stay for awhile. I really want to come visit but life is so dang hecktic!! I want to come though. julie

John, Summer, and Makenna Lynn Larsen said...

It sounds like you guys are doing well, your family is so stinken cute, so are you guys coming up for bear lake this year, It is going to be so cold, but it well still be alot of fun, it well be great to see you guys.

Stewart Family said...

Hey Melissa-I found your blog from Steph. What cute little girls you have, they are darling!! I haven't seen you forever, congrats on the new house that will be so much fun.-Taunia (marcandtaun.blogspot.com)

Laicy said...

Hey guys! I'm so glad you said hi. Congrats on the house. That is so exciting! I haven't seen you guys forever. I'm so glad things are going so good for you guys. I can't believe how big Haley is. She was still a baby last time I saw her. They are both so cute!


From Cristi's Wedding in July '07