Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Enjoying the Sunshine

Hello again! So, it's been a good week so far, Jared passed off one of his certifications on Saturday, so now he only has two more and he is done!! Haley had her nine month check up on monday, and she is a whopping 16lbs.!! She is also 28 inches, which puts her in the 90% for her height, and the 10% for her weight. She just can't eat enough to keep up with all the calories she burns, just today for lunch, she ate a whole hot dog, two celery sticks, some jello salad, and a whole cupcake, not to mention the 6 ounces of formula she finished off 1/2 hour before lunch. She is going to be really happy for this metabolism later on in life. Yesterday was my birthday, Jared and the girls got me some decorations for our house, some more kitchen stuff, and.... a shopping spree!! I have 5lbs. until I'm at my goal weight, and then I get a whole new wardrobe!! Jared took me to lunch before he had to go to work, it was so nice to eat a meal without having to answer a million questions, or clean up after Haley. Kyla was not very happy that it wasn't her birthday, she didn't understand why she didn't get presents and cards. So, her and I made cupcakes and decorated them, then we took turns singing happy birthday to each other and blowing out the candles. It was a good day. This morning we walked down to the park, and played with our playgroup, then we walked home and BBQ'd hamburgers and hotdogs for lunch. We ate outside on the picnic table and jumped on the trampoline, I even got a little sunburned on my face. It is absolutely beautiful today...anybody jealous yet??
Weekly Menu
Tin Foil Dinners
BBQ
Beef Enchiladas
Taco Salad
Hawaiian Haystacks

Recipe for the Week
I make these cookies when I need a last minute dessert
Sprinkle Cake Mix Cookies
1 Box cake mix with sprinkles
1/3 cup of oil
2 eggs

Mix all of this together (not with a mixer), roll into 1 inch balls (I make mine a little bigger), press with a cup until 1/4 inch thick, bake at 375* for 7 minutes. Cool completely, and frost and decorate like regular sugar cookies...

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Hey how are you guys. This is Kristen (Bit) Wilde. I found your blog somehow, I don't remember I went through so many peoples. It sounds like you are having a good time in Arizona. I would love to be there right now. Your girls are so cute! I am excited I found you. I am going to add you to my list so I can keep in touch. Tell the family hi.


From Cristi's Wedding in July '07