Monday, February 18, 2008

I've actually made it to week 2

Hello again...I might actually keep this up, it's been kind of fun. This last week was lot's of fun, we had Grandma Davis, Drew, and Chelsea here to visit us. They just left today and we already miss them. We had lot's of fun playing, shopping, and eating. All the things we do best!! It was also Valentine's Day, and I made some really cute sugar cookie bouquets, I'll see if I can put the pictures on here. And, now for the menu for the week...
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Chicken Enchiladas
Turkey Roll-ups
Pizza
BBQ Hamburgers
Tacos

Recipe of the week:

Turkey Roll-Ups

Oven-roasted turkey lunchmeat
Stove Top stuffing (made as directed)
2 Packets turkey gravy mix (made as directed)
Mashed Potatoes

Take one piece of turkey and spoon a heaping spoonful of stuffing into the middle, roll up and place in 9x13 pan, (you can make as many of these as you would like, I make two per person and then some extras for leftover lunch for the next day). After they are rolled pour 1/2 cup or more gravy over the rolls, bake in 350 F oven for 25 minutes. (covered) Serve with mashed potatoes and leftover gravy and stuffing. It's like a mini thanksgiving dinner, sometimes I even make pumpkin pie to go with it!!

3 comments:

Tyler said...

Hey, Melissa... it's Meagan (Wilson). I found your blog by chance, but I've been wondering how your family has been doing for a few weeks now. I wasn't sure if you had moved, yet, or not.

Anyway, sounds like you are doing well. Your family is super cute. I can't believe you plan your menus... SUPER MOM!! I try but it never pans out. Maybe I'll steal yours!

Tell your cute family hello!
-Meagan
My blog is at tylerandmeagan.blogspot.com

julie! said...

Hey Mel & Jared
This is Julie Cope Riley. I am so happy to see you guys (this is my first time seeing your baby).
Hope alls well. We are happy you are enjoying AZ and the sunshine.
check us out:
www.all-riley-already.blogspot.com

lizdye said...

I made turkey roll ups last night. Thanks for the idea and recipie,Danny thought it was stuffing wrapped in crepes. He is such a dork. Once I told him what it was he really liked it.


From Cristi's Wedding in July '07