Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Downside to Good Weather

So there is a downside to living somewhere with good weather, the BUGS!! They have already started coming out in full force. I really don't have too much to complain about, we've only had a few, we've had friends that have had two trantulas, a centipede, and random other spiders and insects inside their houses!! But, yesterday I had the privilege of killing a HUGE spider in my laundry room. It was about the size of the palm of my hand..., we've had a trantula in our garage and a few small spiders (quarter size), but this was the first big one inside our house. I really should've taken a picture of it, but I just reacted. And then of course I get a million questions from Kyla about what it is, what was it doing, why did I kill it, is it still moving, will it move again tomorrow, etc, etc.....Anyways, to Mom, Melinda, and Adri..., I did immediately call the pest control and I am having the house sprayed tomorrow, so they will all be taken care of before you get down here!! Anyways, that's the story of the week, because nothing else really exciting has been going on, so until next time....
MENU:
Tin Foil Dinners
Spaghetti w/ breadsticks
Chicken Pot Pie
Grilled Salmon
Tacos
Hawaiian Haystack
Sunday Roast
RECIPE FOR THE WEEK:

Breadsticks (very easy, very good)

One loaf of Rhodes Frozen Bread Dough (thawed and mostly raised)
Divide this into 16 balls
Roll these out into breadsticks and place on greased cookie sheet
Dip each one in melted better and then sprinkle with
Garlic Bread Sprinkle (buy in spice aisle)
Salad Supreme (Spice aisle)

Let raise again for 20 minutes, then bake at 375 for 13-15minutes, depending on how crispy you want them, They are really good the next day as well. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GROSS! But I'd still take giant insects over 40 below weather, ANYDAY!

Nat said...

That is awful!! I hate finding little itsy bitsy spiders, I can't imagine a big one like that! EEWW! And just so you know I love that you post your menu for the week! It gives me some ideas and I also get quite impressed with some of the things you make on a regular basis! I seem to do frozen stuff like chicken nuggets or burritos too often! Thanks for being a good example, maybe you will motivate me!

Steve said...

I'm not sure how I ended up here. I hate you Jared.


From Cristi's Wedding in July '07