Monday, April 21, 2008

Kyla Turns 3!!

We had such a fun week this last week. Thursday was Kyla's birthday, I can't believe she is 3 already! The time is just flying by. I love the three year old age, she has such an imagination and a fun personality. She loves to help me do everything, and she has really started being a lot nicer to Haley. It's a lot of fun to see them play together. My family was able to come down and spend a few days with us over Kyla's birthday, we had a lot of fun. Thanks again everyone for coming down!! We had a BBQ on her birthday with my family and our adopted family the McIntyres. I think she got more presents than she knew what to do with. First, a package came from Grandma Davis with lot's of fun princess stuff and a new swimsuit, and the cutest dress ever!! Then my family all got here and brought her more princess dress up and the cutest princess beach towels. You might notice a theme, we're really into princesses right now! Then we gave her a princess karaoke machine that plays all the disney princess songs. Her and Joseph (one of the twins) had a good time with that! Then the twins came over and brought her presents too! She was totally spoiled rotten, and she loved every minute of it. I made her a Yellow Belle cake, that is what she specifically asked for...We had a lot of fun hanging out and playing Wii games! Just to let you all know, I won the bowling tournament!! Kyla made Adri and Melinda play tea party for two days straight, and they all had to have a sleepover with her in her bedroom. This last week was a lot of fun, and we're looking forward to doing it again on Wednesday when Haley turns 1!!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

I can't believe you have a 3 year old!! So much fun! Somehow we stumbled upon your blog, probably a link from someone else's! How are you guys?

Ty & Em said...

I can't believe how long it's been since I've seen you! Your kids are so cute! What are you up to and where are you living these days?

julie! said...

Happy Birthday Kyla! holy cow, I can't believe she is 3...sheesh, the last time I saw her, she was seriously an infant (or maybe a toddler...it was a while ago anyway) I can't believe how fast time flies. John is already 8 months old! yikes!
your family looks great! We are happy to see alls well in Arizona!

Nat said...

Man mel, time goes by so fast huh! Looks like she had a fun princess birthday! I liked the Belle cake. She sure is a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kyla Kay!! We miss you!

our family said...

wow you are really getting OLD to have a three year old:) she is so cute. when are you coming up? we are getting together in a week. wish you were coming!!! call me next time you are here!! i don't want to run into you at the mall again to find out your here:) julie

The Dahle's said...

great job with the belle cake holy cow! u should get paid to make cakes that looks professional! your girls are so cute!

Cristi & McKay Morley said...

Hey did Haley get her package yet. I love the Belle cake good job and the girls are still as cute as ever! Love you guys!

Audrey said...

Happy belated birthday Kyla. We wish we could be there to help you celebrate. And I guess happy belated birthday to Haley, too. Melissa, you did a great job on the cake (as always). We hope you girls scored big on the presents!

Meghan said...

I cant believe Kyla is 3 years old!! I have not seen you guys in forever!! she is adorable and so is Haley. Congrats on your new house.


From Cristi's Wedding in July '07